Re: ipset maximal/minimal revision conflict

You can copy over the files (header files too) from the ipset package to the kernel tree.
Actually, what I did was to create 1 mega patch with 1) the difference between .39-rc4 and .35-88 (the latest stable kernel released by Fedora) as far as the ipset kernel modules are concerned; 2) all menuconfig-related ipset settings (so that when I run make menuconfig I could select the ipset settings properly); and 3) the difference between .39-rc4 (git as of 24 April) and ipset 6.4 (the kernel part).

Applied it successfully to the kernel source tree and I am now building it (.35.12-88). If/When it finishes I'll install it on my test harness here and will see how it goes. I briefly looked at the differences between the 6.4 release and the latest kernel modules I've had from that git and they are quite extensive indeed.

One thing I also noticed - in the kernel part of v6.4 you have "-DCONFIG_IP_SETMAX" extra CFLAGS defined, but that seems to be missing from the git kernel tree - is that on purpose or is this new to be added later on?

By the time I typed this the kernel build has completed successfully. Installation and testing follows...