Re: ipset maximal/minimal revision conflict

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> > The hash:*port* types have got a new revision due to the introduced SCTP and
> > UDPLITE support. The ipset package contains the matching kernel modules, the
> > kernel tree is a little bit behind.
> >
> I see, the ipset files in the kernel version and the kernel files in the ipset
> package are out of sync then, right?
>
> Would I be able to successfully split this up by using the source files in the
> kernel/ directory of the ipset 6.4 package and move them over to the ipset
> kernel source directory, whilst keeping all the make/configuration files in
> the ipset kernel directory (Kbuild and alike) intact?
>
> Would that solve the above problem (keeping/building the ipset package as a
> whole is *not* an option for me, before you ask)? I also assume that the
> kernel files in the ipset package are newer as the above error suggests,
> right?

You can copy over the files (header files too) from the ipset package to
the kernel tree.

If I dropped supporting kernels between 2.6.34-2.6.37, the sources would
be identical in the ipset package and an updated kernel tree.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx