Re: ipset maximal/minimal revision conflict

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> I get a weird error when executing the following ipset command:
>
> [root@test1 ~]# ipset -N test hash:net,port
> ipset v6.4: Kernel supports hash:net,port type, family INET with maximal
> revision 0 while ipset program with minimal revision 1.
> You need to upgrade your kernel.
>
> The "revision", as far as I know, is exactly the same - ipset 6.4! The
> userspace has been compiled from the released v6.4, while the kernel part was
> built from a snapshot dated 24 April, which included the 3 patches not present
> in .39-rc4 (so, in essence, if anything, the kernel part should be newer than
> the userspace part of the released v6.4, right?). It is strange that I do not
> get this error when attempting any other type of set (hash:ip or hash:net).

The hash:*port* types have got a new revision due to the introduced SCTP
and UDPLITE support. The ipset package contains the matching kernel
modules, the kernel tree is a little bit behind.

I do not want to burden the kernel with any multi-revision support until
2.6.39. After the non-rc kernel version is out, I'll start to maintain
the revisions support.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-