Re: Ipset counters question

Le 31/03/2011 21:55, Jean-Philippe Menil a écrit :

That's what i tought, and i needed to be sure.

As i can miss the counters for the moment, i will kept my rules.
But as i'm very intereted by ipset, i will think to do otherwise.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Hi,

I return to this story of counters.
Since, i don't really need some counters, but just to know when there is no more traffic for a user to decrement an idle timeout;
i decide to use ipset with the bitmap ip,mac and the timeout value.

However, the timeout doesn't do really what i need, i use a dirty hack to set the timeout counters every time a packet is matched;
so when there are no more packet, the timeout value begin to decrement.

I do this in the bitmap_ipmac_ttest function, i'm just wondering if it is the right place to do this?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards.

--
Jean-Philippe Menil - Pôle réseau Service IRTS
DSI Université de Nantes