Re: Ebtables usage

Jacky Lam a écrit :
> I want to share a network service by two computers but I don't have
> any extra router or switch, but one computer has 2 ethernet cards and
> running Linux. But that computer is old and slow. So I want to know if
> I can set up that computer as a ethernet level switch/bridge.

What kind of network service ? Is that service running on the old computer ?
You can set up a computer as an ethernet bridge, but that old computer
may not be fast enough to handle gigabit traffic.

> That means I am done right (except the two rules at the beginning) to
> setup a ethernet switch? I don't need to setup any rules by iptables
> or ebtables?

You need iptables and ebtables rules for IP and ethernet packet
filtering and mangling. You don't need them if the box does only plain
routing or bridging.