Re: xtables 1.31 compilation errors

Of course, there are also commercial support options available if you
prefer more QA.
So, in order to get xtables to at least compile I have to get a
commercial support?! Really?! I dread the day you take over from
Patrick McHardy then - I really do!

You mix up the Xtables core with Xtables-addons. The latter had the
compile issue, but Patrick has nothing to do with Xtables-addons.
You know exactly what I meant, so don't try to wriggle out of it.

N.B.: To bring you up to date with the beer-free software: if someone
feels a project needs more attention, they are to invest in it. If
they do not come forward with patches, the public assumes they have
other capabilities, and so, as a running gag, money spending is
proposed.
Save your beer-free-software teachings for someone else - you are in no position to try and educate me!

I've spotted 2 bugs in the current git tree of xtables (one of which was in the *released* version of ipset) and I asked for help on how to resolve them. In the meantime I did find a solution, which I posted earlier.

You tried to send me down blind alleys and basically acting smart a**e instead of providing a solution - the aforementioned bug with ALIGN wasn't something new to you - you already knew what the problem was and, most importantly, how to fix it, though you did not consider it necessary to let me know that, but to point me to google search and some obscure bug submission on gentoo instead.

Releases are checked for whether the kernel modules compile with
all kernel versions. Userspace compilation testing is limited to
what I run. The rest is done happily by people more familiar with
specific choices of distros. That is how the ecosystem works, and
it usually works.
The key word being 'usually' I presume, eh? Don't tell me you were
able to compile this code, because I won't believe you. I have
downloaded xtables with the *released* version of ipset (which
happens to be 4.5)

I was meaning: a _released_ version _of xtables-addons_.
The bug with IP_NF_SET_HASHSIZE was in the released version if ipset and not xtables and that is what I meant with my previous post.

Yes, I know about the current git HEAD state. Happened to slip on
compiling state 5bcdf7f. Big deal â Errare humanum est.
I have no issue with errors being present in the git source tree - no software is ever perfect. I, however, have issues with you asking for 'commercial support' (i.e. begging for money) in order to get a code which simply compiles and also sending me down blind alleys when you knew how to fix the problem I requested help for.

Fixed now..
So, wouldn't it have been easier for you to just point out how to fix this as soon as I posted about this bug, instead of harping on about commercial support, google search, gentoo bug submission and the difference between xtables and xtables-addons?!