Re: xtables 1.31 compilation errors

On Saturday 2010-12-11 02:47, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> ipset_iphash.c: In function âiphash_create_initâ:
>> ipset_iphash.c:42: error: âIP_NF_SET_HASHSIZEâ undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> ipset_iphash.c:42: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> ipset_iphash.c:42: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
>In 1.30 the value of 1024 is directly used, instead of
>IP_NF_SET_HASHSIZE (which SHOULD have been
>CONFIG_IP_NF_SET_HASHSIZE!), so someone (Jozsef?) needs to fix this.

Don't point fingers when you don't know who to blame.
This is not something Jozsef caused.

>I am amazed nobody checks these things - how do you compile this
>code people?

Releases are checked for whether the kernel modules compile with all
kernel versions. Userspace compilation testing is limited to what I
run. The rest is done happily by people more familiar with specific
choices of distros. That is how the ecosystem works, and it usually
works.

[Not to mention again that the IP_NF_SET_HASHSIZE issue does not appear
in a released tarball. So while everybody tries to avoid git states
that do not compileÂâ it's a hindrance for git-bisect tooÂâ slips
do happen.]

Of course, there are also commercial support options available if you
prefer more QA.