Re: decipher the secmark number from nf_conntrack/ip_conntrack

On 9/23/10 4:59 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> It is not "my" conntrack-utils by any means. If users would not
> constantly insist on using outdated interfaces (and I _do_ grant
> things their transition time), and if maintainers would not always
> give in to these users, we would have less code to worry about, or
> even have these discussions.

So if the 'conntrack' utility invokes the sid->secctx translation in
formatting it's -L output then everyone should be happy. Non-programmers
get the text output that they want and there is no need to extend the
deprecated /proc interface.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like