Re: match many protocol in a rule

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Grant Taylor <gtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also thought about matching the protocols and jumping to a sub-chain.
>  However that won't work the way you want it to b/c (last I checked) you
> have to specify a protocol to be able to specify a port.  So, you might as
> well match both the protocol and the port on the same rule.

Yeah I wasn't clear on that.  You would definitely need to match ports
before jumping, but the idea is that the custom chain could apply a
complex series of actions, e.g. updating a recent match, logging, etc.
 It really depends on what the overarching goal is.  The basic goal of
specifying "allow tcp+udp port 53" in a single rule doesn't seem
possible though.

--Mike