Re: match many protocol in a rule

Curby wrote:
I was looking for a similar feature (as it exists in ipfw) but I don't
think that's possible in iptables.  If you want to specify multiple
protocols for the purpose of ending with a consistent action or set of
actions, you could make the multiple rules jump to a custom chain
which then performs the actions.  However if you want to specify
multiple protocols to reduce the number of rules, I don't think that
will work.

I also thought about matching the protocols and jumping to a sub-chain. However that won't work the way you want it to b/c (last I checked) you have to specify a protocol to be able to specify a port. So, you might as well match both the protocol and the port on the same rule.

Grant. . . .