Re: match many protocol in a rule

2010/6/17 Mamadou Touré <e2ia.ci@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all how could i much many protocole in a rule.
> I've tried iptable -A INPUT -p tcp,upd --dport 508 -j ACCEPT
> but i got error message : iptables v1.4.4: unknown protocol `udp,tcp' specified

I was looking for a similar feature (as it exists in ipfw) but I don't
think that's possible in iptables.  If you want to specify multiple
protocols for the purpose of ending with a consistent action or set of
actions, you could make the multiple rules jump to a custom chain
which then performs the actions.  However if you want to specify
multiple protocols to reduce the number of rules, I don't think that
will work.

I'd love to hear otherwise though, if anyone has other ideas.

--Mike