Re: conntrack-tools 0.9.14 can not block the connection

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

> > I think what was really meant was tcp_loose, not tcp_be_liberal.
>
> In my understanding, tcp_loose only allows conntrack to pick up
> connections from the middle, but packets are still INVALID until the
> required number of packets is seen and accepted. Am I wrong ?

No, the packets are set to the usual states, there's no packet counting.

With tcp_loose enabled (default) conntrack accepts non-SYN packets as
"NEW" ones, i.e. attempts to pick up connections from the middle.

With tcp_be_liberal enabled (default is disabled) out of window packets
are not marked as INVALID.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-