Re: nat problem: What's so special with traffic from audibank.de?

Hallo Patrick,

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 07:14:44 +0100 Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I could solve my problem with either allow any icmp traffic from outside to any destination or use the clamp-to-pmtu in the server settings for the firewall. This is a switch in fwbuilder.

sorry i was wrong.
At first i tried the »clamp-to-pmtu« setting and it worked. After removing this setting and inserting a gloabl rule to accept every icmp traffic it still worked.
But I didn't realized that this global rule had no effect at all.

> > Why is such an ICMP message not RELATED in the meaning of
> >    echo "-A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT"
> > with a _related_ tcp connection?
>
> It should be. Please post a dump of the relevant ICMP message
> and the connection tuples from /proc/net/nf_conntrack for the
> original TCP connection.

No such icmp message ever reached my firewall though I tryed hard to record such an icmp message. My guess is that it must have been filtered out on the way.
The clamp-to-pmtu seemed to have a lasting success.

What I'm wondering is why it just works on the firewall itself but not with the natted computers in the private network?

Sorry for replying so late.
Lars