Re: simple question about state vs conntrack modules

Jozsef Kadlecsik escreveu:
5 Modern extensions
De-facto obsolete extensions:
* -m state: replaced by -m conntrack

   i must confess i dont recall reading about state module being obsoleted by
conntrack one ..... is that true ??? I know conntrack has more options ....
but that it obsoleted state, that i dont remember ....

Technically the conntrack match supersedes - and so obsoletes - the state match. But practically the state match is not obsoleted in any way.
That's exactly what i tought ..... conntrack can offer more options, but saying state is obsolete means, at least to me, that it's support and maintenance will be dropped soon and everybody HAVE TO stop using it and using something else.

well, nice to know state is NOT obsolete the way i understand something is obsoleted.

   thanks for your answer

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues