simple question about state vs conntrack modules

recently i have read a nice documentation with some hints for making good rulesets .... and one caught my attention

http://jengelh.medozas.de/documents/Perfect_Ruleset.pdf

Towards the perfect ruleset
Jan Engelhardt
August 2009

5 Modern extensions
De-facto obsolete extensions:
* -m state: replaced by -m conntrack

i must confess i dont recall reading about state module being obsoleted by conntrack one ..... is that true ??? I know conntrack has more options .... but that it obsoleted state, that i dont remember ....

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx