Re: Problem with IPv6 tunnel

On Friday 19 June 2009, 14:03 David Balažic wrote:
> One more thing: Where is the timeout for this set ?

/proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_generic_timeout I presume.

> After the mentioned ping, the world can contact me for hours.

That's much too long for the default setting of a timeout. AFAIK the heartbeat
client must send keepalive packets every 300 seconds so the tunnel and
connection tracking timeouts may influence each other.

> I want to lower the timeout to a minute or so, so I can test the
> setting without the need to wait hours for the timeout to happen.

Why do you want to conntrack proto-41 packets at all? If you're worried about
security, filter the IPv6 traffic using ip6tables.

Benedikt