Re: Select chain from set?

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 09:31 -0500, Susan Hinrichs wrote:
> > Nftables will let you do that in the future
> >
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/324251/
> >

> Great! Looking forward to it.  The dictionaries look great.  I'll have
> to start playing with the first version on a test machine.  Do you know
> what kind of MAC address support there is?  Similar to the source mac
> support in iptables?

Sorry, can't help you there. It's probably best to ask concrete question
about the planned features of nftables on netfilter-devel list, AFAIK
it's still under heavy development. But as far as I understand the
dictionary concept, mac address matching should become available at
one point.

" Sets (as everything else) operate on generic
data and thus can be used for any kind of match."

Until nftables becomes stable enough for production I myself am sticking
with the chain tree approach (and ipset for simple IP match sets)