Re: Select chain from set?

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 11:11 +0300, Покотиленко Костик wrote:
> В Вто, 28/04/2009 в 10:39 -0500, Susan Hinrichs пишет:
> > I also agree that a runtime structure to track traffic attributes and
> > match them to targets would be great.  I created my own match-tree table
> > generator to achieve a similar effect.  It works, but updating large
> > static structures can be rather time consuming and fragile.
>
> Can you share details?

Sure, I have a tool that takes a list of IP's, MACs, or marks, and
builds a prefix-based binary tree of the data.  It generates the tree in
linked chains.  It operates in bulk and incremental model.

I didn't consider the gotos in generating the output, but I can see now
that it might simplify the tree flow quite a bit.

I've done some very basic latency tests using ping, and the tree
introduced less than 2/3 the latency vs the a linear case for around 800
elements, and just 20% more latency than an empty iptable policy.