RE: Basic Routing

> +---+         +---+         +---+         +---+
> | A +---(x)---+ C +---(y)---+ D +---(z)---+ B |
> +---+         +---+         +---+         +---+
>
> A knows about network x.
> C knows about networks x and y.
> D knows about networks y and z.
> B knows about network z.
>
> C does /not/ know about network z.
> D does /not/ know about network x.

Yes you're correct.. I should stop assuming things that I already
figured out in my head but don't write down when replying. (Actually, a
"few" emails ago I wrote an email that describes the exact same as the
above -including art- but I discarded it when I saw your answer which
was even more complete.)

> We have already covered the IP forwarding in another email.  As far
> as the firewalling is concerned, you are correct.  However I believe
> Daniel said that there was no firewalling (yet).

Nope, there was no word about firewalling, just NAT and routing.

> Agreed.  I think both are likely good ways to learn about
> firewalling, specifically IPTables.  Seeing as how this
> discussion is about routing...

We started with NAT, which is something that netfilter can do and what
the tutorial also describes, and routing. I was hoping that Daniel would
see why he didn't need NAT by reading it.

Daniel, this is getting lengthy and I think everything that needed to be
said has been said about NAT and routing. I hope things are (more) clear
now.

Grts,
Rob