Re: xtables-addons license (was: patch-o-matic problems..?)

On Friday 1 August 2008, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> Well how about "v2 or later"?

If you'd like "v2 or v3", I may agree.
Anyway I don't like the idea of an unspecified future license. It defeats the
very goal of free software.

On a purely practical note, given that the kernel code has to be GPLv2 (for
the forseeable future), won't it be a license nightmare if the userspace were
under a different license?
I know the userspace is not derived form the kernel, but this would surely add
complexity.

--
Bye,
   Massimiliano Hofer

P.S.: I don't want to start a flame war. It's just my opinion and I respect
other people's (different) views.