Re: More ethernet port same ip address

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Saturday 2008-07-19 16:01, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães wrote:
Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl escreveu:
Hi all, this is a very strange ask (I don't find any other on the
net)...

It's as simple as "first interface with same subnet wins".

Ok. Thanks for the simple, but complete explain. But  where to say "go
out through the right one?"

have you tried setting a bridge interface ???

do NOT give ip address to the real ethernet interfaces (ethX) .....
simply get them 'up' and them bring a bridge interface up, with the
ip address you need, and 'add' all the physical interfaces on the
bridge interface.

And depending on the situation you might also need to enforce routing
 at the bridge border so as to not open security holes.

Have you some more words about this? Where can I found problems? How to
modify routing?

Thanks,
Michele