Re: Forwarding packets received on bridged interfaces -regarding

Hi,

<snip>

>> The problem:
>>
>> The DHCP requests from the clients get blocked at the eth1 interface. I
>> want all traffic from the clients to go out via eth1. I would like to know
>> to configure this setup,
>
> I re-looked at your EBTables rules and did not see any thing that should
> prevent things from working as long as you are not using the MAC address of
> eth1 (i.e. talking to or from eth1).  If you are using the MAC of eth1 then
> you are forcing the bridge to route the packet when the IP stack will not
> have any thing to route.
>
> The only other thing that comes to mind is that seeing as how (I think) eth1
> is a wireless NIC, you may be dealing with problems with a wireless card
> that is not playing quite right.  You might consider testing your bridging
> (and filtering when it is time) via a regular computer with two wired
> ethernet interfaces.

I did the test on a desktop with two NICs and no iptables/ebtables
entries. The setup works great. Thanks. I expect the problem to be
with the wirless NIC (I use the Intel Linux drivers but apparently
they are no good for bridge settings).

Thanks again.

Regards
Knight