Re: IPTables : How to force data coming from ethX being output by the same device

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães wrote:

Alexei Ustyuzhaninov escreveu:

I don't think any routing may be done without iptables. A simple example: you have two internet connections and want to route all outgoing smtp traffic (dst port=25) to one provider and the rest of the traffic - to the other provider. How can you do this without marking packets with iptables?

OK ..... but i have 2 internet connections and want some specific IPs (my servers, for example) to go out on link1 and all the other machines reaches internet through link2, then it can be done without iptables, with plain source routing rules.

Yes, surely some routing cases (well, most of them in real life) maybe done with old good route command without any additional tools. But some special ones require iptables.

--
Alexei