Re: IPTables : How to force data coming from ethX being output by the same device

The normal mailing list for routing related stuff seems to be broke or
moved, anyone know what is going on with that?

on Wednesday 04/23/2008 Jan Engelhardt(jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote

 > On Wednesday 2008-04-23 16:51, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães wrote:
 > > Jan Engelhardt escreveu:

 > >> apt/smart routes packages :p
 > >
 > >   hmmmm i use Fedora, so i'll stick with yum :)
 > >
 > >   sorry for that, i mean 'packets' and not 'packages'.
 > >
 > >   iptables does not route network packets, that's done by kernel based on the
 > > routing table entries. it's completly NOT iptables related.
 >
 > It is not completely not related. By changing things such as
 > nfmark, TOS field, source or destination address, routing can
 > be influenced, so I would not say it's totally unrelated :)
 > --

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici