Accept packets when QUEUE is down

Hi,

I have an application that monitors packets being forwarded through the machine using a simple rule in the iptables.

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target   prot opt source               destination
QUEUE      all  --  anywhere             anywhere

When the application is down (or queue is full) all packets will be dropped. For a specific application that I have, I need the opposite behavior so by default packets will be accepted and not dropped in the case the user space application fails to pick them off the queue. Is there a way I can configure the kernel in a way that it will accept packets when the application fails to clear packets from the QUEUE instead of dropping them ?

Thanks in advance

-Amir