libipq

I'm trying to use the libipq fucntions such as ipq_create_handle in C,
but I keep getting the error

too many arguments to function `ipq_create_handle'

I tried downloading the latest libnetfilter_queue files by wget-ing it,
and I can see after "./configure"ing, "make"ing and "make install"ing it
that there is a new libipq.h file with 2 arguments for the function
"ipq_create_handle", but I'm not sure how to successfully get those into
my include files. I tried "cp"ing it, but that ended up with more errors
after I compiled.

Luckily I kept a backup of the old libipq.h file and put it back... It
was a stupid idea, I know. but what am I supposed to do to use the
updated functions.

Your help is grately apreeshiated.