Problem with ROUTE target

Hi all,

i'm using kernel 2.6.21.5 and iptables 1.3.7. I have patched it with
patch-o-matic in order to have the ROUTE target but it doesn't work:

root@linux:~ $ iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d 10.8.0.6 -j ROUTE --oif tun0
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

root@linux:~ $ ll /lib/iptables/ | grep ROUTE
12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  8216 Jul 26 17:55 libipt_ROUTE.so

root@linux:~ $ iptables -j ROUTE --help
iptables v1.3.7

Usage: iptables -[AD] chain rule-specification [options]
       iptables -[RI] chain rulenum rule-specification [options]
       iptables -D chain rulenum [options]
       iptables -[LFZ] [chain] [options]
       iptables -[NX] chain
       iptables -E old-chain-name new-chain-name
       iptables -P chain target [options]
       iptables -h (print this help information)
ROUTE target v1.11 options:
    --oif       ifname          Route packet through `ifname' network interface
    --iif       ifname          Change packet's incoming interface to `ifname'
    --gw        ip              Route packet via this gateway `ip'
    --continue                  Route packet and continue traversing the
                                rules. Not valid with --iif or --tee.
    --tee                       Duplicate packet, route the duplicate,
                                continue traversing with original packet.
                                Not valid with --iif or --continue.

root@linux:~ $ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ipt_ROUTE               3760  0

root@linux:~ $ iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d 10.8.0.6 -j ROUTE
iptables v1.3.7: ROUTE target: oif, iif or gw option required
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

I don't really understand why it doesn't work because it displays help
message and it fail if i don't give good arguments when running
iptables with ROUTE target.

What can i do to find where my problem is ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ludovic.