Re: Please help redirecting locally generated traffic

On 07/19/07 17:45, aragonx@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have a situation where an application on my box wants to talk to the wrong IP address. The developers will gladly fix the bug in the next version but I need a quicker fix.

Typical...

Here is the situation. I have traffic that is going to 10.0.0.1 and needs to got to 198.162.0.1. It's created on the machine that I need to do the routing on. It's a Linux machine using iptables 1.2.9. Neither SNAT or DNAT seem to work. DNAT wants to work on the incomming packets but does what I need. SNAT will work on the outgoing packets but doesn't do what I need. Mangle seems to only want to send packets to my 127.0.0.1.

Ugh. You are wanting to redirect traffic that is not following the normal packet flow through the kernel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you considered adding the 10.0.0.1 IP address to equipment with a corresponding 10.0.0.x IP address to your system?

Or you may be able to look in to some sort of (socks?) proxy rapper that will bind a 10.0.0.1 and allow you to redirect the traffic over to 198.162.0.1.

Grant. . . .