Please help redirecting locally generated traffic

I have a situation where an application on my box wants to talk to the
wrong IP address.  The developers will gladly fix the bug in the next
version but I need a quicker fix.

Here is the situation.  I have traffic that is going to 10.0.0.1 and needs
to got to 198.162.0.1.  It's created on the machine that I need to do the
routing on.  It's a Linux machine using iptables 1.2.9.  Neither SNAT or
DNAT seem to work.  DNAT wants to work on the incomming packets but does
what I need.  SNAT will work on the outgoing packets but doesn't do what I
need.  Mangle seems to only want to send packets to my 127.0.0.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will

believed to be clean.