Improve queue handler performance

Hello everyone,

I am playing with nf_netlink_queue handler and built an empty handler based on "nfqnl_test.c" from the distribution, it just accept all packet without any checks at all.

To test its performance I installed Lighttpd on the same machine, and used http_load to benchmark the performance.

Without any thing queued to the user space I achieved ~20000K fetches per second, but when I enabled user space filtering the performance dropped to ~2600 fetches per second.

I used this rule to queue all HTTP traffic to the queue handler:
# iptables -A myhttp -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE

Is this drop in performance normal, and is there any way to improve the performance.

Thanks,
Rayed