Re: ..prevention, was: syn DDoS attack solution

R. DuFresne wrote:

Hi All,

For your info , the APF iptables firewall script has a bogon blocker , and also a cron mechanism to update the bogon list.

It also has some other excellent features such as

reactive address blocking (RAB), next generation in-line intrusion prevention packet flow rate limiting that prevents abuse on the most widely abused protocol, icmp dshield.org block list support to ban networks exhibiting suspicious activity advanced packet sanity checks to make sure traffic coming and going meets the strictest of standards filter attacks such as fragmented UDP, port zero floods, stuffed routing, arp poisoning and more configurable kernel hooks (ties) to harden the system further to syn-flood attacks & routing abuses

I would suggest you have a look at the script.

Kev