RE: re: stateful UDP with unknown source port on INPUT?

Thanks all for your help. I'm trying to create the rules using the Recent match now, and was wondering if there was a way to look at the recent list so I could see what's actually in there to help testing and debugging?
Noa

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:24:00 +0200
From: Franck Joncourt <franck.joncourt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: stateful UDP with unknown source port on INPUT?
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 03:39:30PM +0300, noa levy wrote:
Thanks!
I forgot to mention, though, that my source port for the SNMP informs is also random, so I can't match against the destination port for the incoming packet - does the recent target also maintain a port list or is it IP addresses only?

From the iptables tutorial :

iptables -A INPUT -m recent --name example --rsource
The --rsource match is used to tell the recent match to save the source
address and port in the recent list. This is the default behavior of the
recent match.

iptables -A INPUT -m recent --name example --rdest
The --rdest match is the opposite of the --rsource match in that it
tells the recent match to save the destination address and port to the
recent list.

http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html#RECENTMATCH

--
Franck Joncourt