Re: stateful UDP with unknown source port on INPUT?

I wrote:
noa levy wrote:

Thanks!
I forgot to mention, though, that my source port for the SNMP informs is also random, so I can't match against the destination port for the incoming packet - does the recent target also maintain a port list or is it IP addresses only?

How about something like this:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p udp --dport 162 -j SNAT --to-source :29999
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 29999 -j MARK --set-mark 99
iptables -A input -p udp -dport ! 29999 -m mark --mark 99 -j ACCEPT

Which, of course, won't work because de-SNAT won't recognize the reply
packets coming from a random port.  I really shouldn't try to post
something that complex, and untested, late at night.  Sorry.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.