Re: iptables-1.3.7 Requires ip_tables to be built as module

Hi,

From: Graham Murray <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:21:58 +0000

> Harvey Muller <hlmuller@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Graham,
> >
> > Assuming you've built ip_tables into the kernel (not as a module),
> > then I'd be interested in learning the difference in the process you
> > used to install iptables between versions 1.3.5 and 1.3.7.  Version
> > 1.3.5 works fine for me with kernel version 2.6.20 built in (not as
> > a module).  But when I use the same install process for 1.3.7, I get
> > the error messages.  And when I go back and configure ip_tables as a
> > module, then the error message goes away, which is what one would
> > expect.
>
> No difference at all. They are both built using the 'standard' Gentoo
> ebuild system. In the kernel config I have both
> CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y and CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=y, as well as all
> the targets set to yes, all the parts of netfilter which I use are
> built into the kernel, none are built as modules.

I've met same error message, too. iptables was build with NO_SHARED_LIBS=1,
and all kernel part is built-in kernel.

BTW, it should work fine even if error message is printed.
I saw the output of 'iptables -L -v -n' printed rules I inserted.

I'll check codes when I have anytime.

Regards,

-- Yasuyuki Kozakai