Re: iptables-1.3.7 Requires ip_tables to be built as module

Harvey Muller <hlmuller@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Graham,
>
> Assuming you've built ip_tables into the kernel (not as a module),
> then I'd be interested in learning the difference in the process you
> used to install iptables between versions 1.3.5 and 1.3.7.  Version
> 1.3.5 works fine for me with kernel version 2.6.20 built in (not as
> a module).  But when I use the same install process for 1.3.7, I get
> the error messages.  And when I go back and configure ip_tables as a
> module, then the error message goes away, which is what one would
> expect.

No difference at all. They are both built using the 'standard' Gentoo
ebuild system. In the kernel config I have both
CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y and CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=y, as well as all
the targets set to yes, all the parts of netfilter which I use are
built into the kernel, none are built as modules.