Re: Iptables proxy to a different network

On Feb 9 2007 22:38, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Jan Engelhardt a écrit :
>> >
>> > I may be wrong, but doing IP NAT on a bridge seems to me quite
>> > unnatural and
>> > troublesome.
>>
>> A bridge is like a 'direct connection' so you cannot use NAT.
>
> My idea of a bridge is a kind of software switch.
> Then why did you mention "setting up your proxy box as bridge" ?

Ok so I confused what the OP wanted [-t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j
--DNAT to x.y.z:80] with "the box does an rinetd-style approach" [e.g. squid],
so that the connection is not DNATed (A->C) but two connections actually exist

However, the more I think of it, there actually is a way with
proxy-on-a-bridge. Though, it's more like "degrading the bridge to a router":

ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -i Intern -p tcp --dport 80 -j DROP;
ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -o Extern -p tcp --sport 80 -j DROP;

Jan
--
ft: http://freshmeat.net/p/chaostables/