Re: netfilter_queue: how to obtain address info from queued packet

Michal Martinek írta:

Thanks, I was too fast to answer without looking into man pages:-). But this module would just save me some work with analyzing packets. The problem is that I would like to detect video stream in which I can recognize only some "key packets". The rest is (for me) unrecongnizable and I only know that they are coming from/to the same port.

Well... It is not really clear to me what you want... :-) (Blocking some "communication" :-) .) You can drop the whole connection when you detect for example a header of a video stream....
This could be dangerous because you would drop some legitimate traffic too.
That is why you have to narrow your matching criterias. (eg.: adding some rules like "-i eth0" or "-s 192.168.0.1")
An other good thing to look after is the l7 patch:

http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/HOWTO

But there may be better solutions if you would clarify more your needs :)

Swifty