re: Dos and DDoS

Hi all,

I'm having a problem from an attack maybe Denial of Service (DoS). I'm using
Linux for my servers and cisco for my routers and switches. My question what is
the best tools for detecting and preventing DoS? Is an Intrution detection
system can do the work? I need a system that can detect and block any DoS, then
create a report so that I can disable or warn the client afterwards.

Thank you very much,

Wennie