Re: Question about iptables and bridging

Snyder, Brian wrote:
Is there something I am missing here? I would assume there is a way to
do this (tell direction over bridge) but I don't know what it is.... so
any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. Take a look in the mailing list archive for my post "A word about bridging to the wise..." (http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2006-December/067540.html). It depends if you have your kernel configured to allow IPTables, which operates on OSI Layer 3 to be able to see OSI Layer 2 traffic, which is where bridging takes place.

Grant. . . .