Re: NATing on a single interface?

Philip Pemberton wrote:
Well, I've read the chapter on TCP/IP, now I'm just skimming through the stuff on DNAT and Masquerading. Problem with DNAT is that it seems to be more of a port-forwarding system rather than allowing more than one machine to access the Internet from one public IP.

Well, you started out saying that your router's limitation of "a
maximum of 16 firewall port-forward rules" was a problem, so I
jumped to the conclusion that you were trying to do port forwarding.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.