NATing on a single interface?

Hi,
  I've got an ADSL router with a built-in firewall. It's a nice little box,
the ADSL front-end is solid (and ADSL2+ compatible, which is nice). Only
problem is, it has a maximum of 16 firewall port-forward rules and no support
for time-based firewalling. What I'd like to do is make the router forward
packets onto my firewall box, then have iptables deal with NATing and stuff like that.

  At the moment, the network looks like this:
ADSL ---SpeedtouchUSB@ppp0---> FIREWALL ---eth0---> Other machines

  What I want is something more like:

        10.1.0.2  10.1.0.1   10.0.0.1      10.0.0.0/16
ADSL Router ----------> Firewall ------(nat)-----> LAN

ADSL Router: 10.1.0.2/16
Firewall: 10.0.0.1/16 and 10.1.0.1/16
LAN: 10.0.0.0/16

Ordinarily I'd fit another NIC into the firewall, then use Arno's IPtables script to do the NATing from eth0 (external) to eth1 (internal). Problem is, the firewall server can't take another NIC - it's only got one onboard and no facility to add another (the server is a Linksys NSLU2 - an embedded server in other words) unless I add a USB adapter, which would be a bit less than ideal for LAN routing (I hear the USB adapters are quite slow and prone to packet loss).

So what I'd like to do is have the DSL router forwarding to the firewall server, then have the firewall server do NATing and firewalling for the entire LAN subnet, all on a single interface. Is this doable, or do I really need to add another Ethernet interface?

I've read a few IPtables HOWTOs and I just don't understand how it's all supposed to work (which is why I used the Arno script in the first place)...

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
usenet06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain