Re: how to filter on applications?

On 10/27/06, Gáspár Lajos <swifty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
BUT if I did not understood you correctly then please send me an exact
question...

I might be able to mediate before this escalates...
I think vwf assumes the firewall is on the same host as the
applications, no forwarding takes place.
In this case it is not an unreasonable expectation to be able to write
iptables rules matching the name of the executable whose process
instance owns the socket: so called "personal firewall" applications
on some other operating system do this all the time.

Google-lee-goo:
http://www.netfilter.org/projects/patch-o-matic/pom-submitted.html#pom-submitted-ownercmd

Szocske