Re: why DROP in PREROUTING

Brent Clark írta:
Hi all

Would please help me understand as to why you would do some dropping in the PREROUTING as opposed to the filter of INPUT or FORWARD (e.g.)

It is not really nice, BUT...

the reason is:

You can filter all of these packets at one point no matter where they coming from and going to....

Ive been browsing a few sites and I see sites like iptablesrocks.org etc all have rules like so

A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags FIN,SYN,RST,PSH,ACK,URG FIN,PSH,URG -j DROP
-A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags FIN,SYN FIN,SYN -j DROP

Just something I was thinking.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark

Swifty