Re: Can't get access to local servers using external IP

Martijn Lievaart a écrit :

8) Set up a "split DNS" server so the internal requests receive the private address and the external request receive the public address.

I do that too, it may actually be the best advice from this list.

Nooo, we're on a Netfilter/iptables list !

A bitch to set up[1], but once it's working it works like a charm.

Well, it depends a lot on what you've got.

If you have your own Bind9 authoritative DNS server for the name, you must set up "views". May be heavy.

If you have a DNS relay running dnsmasq, you just need to put the name in the /etc/hosts file of the box running dnsmasq. Easy.