More question about ipset - protocol ?

I still have more questions with ipset, I noticed that
in the portmap, there is no mentioned of protocol,
whether should it be tcp or udp. Taking the example
from the url :-

            http://ipset.netfilter.org/features.html

iptables -A FORWARD -m set --set servers dst,dst -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -j DROP

You notice that the ipmap 'server' binds to a portmap, but there is
no mentioned of protocol ( whether it should be tcp or udp ).

Does it mean I have to specify the protocol in the iptables command,
Shoudn't there be a way the protocol be mentioned in the binding
somewhere  ?

Cheers.