iptables:problems with rule persistence

Hi,

I have a question...do iptables rule need asort of keepalive mechanism in order not to be erased . I am particularly thinking about nat bindings in a voip context...I have found in literature that such mechanism are necessary for many nat devices currently deployed but i couldn't find anything about iptables....

Thanks to anyone who might kindly answer me,

regards
diego

Rc Auto? Scopri la convenienza Direct Line. Approffitta dello sconto extra 5+5% entro il 30 Settembre!
http://click.libero.it/direct_line2