netfilter problem

Hi,

I have a problem in compiling "netfilter" for Iptables support into the linux 2.6.12 kernel version. I have manually enabled the config option "CONFIG_NETFILTER=y" and all netfilter configuration CONFIG_IP_NF_* manually in to the "mainstone_defconfig" file for my target arm board.

Now, the problem is that, on "make vmlinux", the files under the "linux/2.6.12/net/ipv4/netfilter" directory doesn't gets compiled leaving built-in.o and this annoys me a lot.

Could any one please precise me, what are the options I need to check or enable in the config, Kconfig or in Makefile to get the "netfilter" compiled into my kernel?

Thanks.

Regards,
Sara