Re: Problems configuring iptables

Martijn Lievaart írta:
Matt Singerman wrote:

This did work, yes! Thanks! I am experiencing a new problem, though: it took an extremely long time for the connection to go through. Once it connected, it runs at normal speed, but it took a good 30 or 40 seconds for ssh to prompt me for my password. What could be causing this? I am guessing it is some sort of routing issue?

Ah no. It's either reverse DNS or ident that trips you up. Ethereal is your friend, look what goes on "at the wire".

M4

I am not sure... but maybe your script blocks the DNS service...
Try it on your firewalled server and on a client behind the firewall...
(host www.netfilter.org  AND   nslookup www.netfilter.org)