Re: Preventing port scanning using iptables ?

Elvir Kuric schrieb:
Hi all, I am trying to implement proper firewall to my network using iptables and I have to admit that I am amazing by amount of iptables features it offers.
 But I can not understand is there any way to prevent
port scanning using iptables?

Yes by checking the tcp-flags. The connections are not established
because only the port is checked if it is reachabele.

Regards,
Ruprecht

Ruprecht Helms IT-Service & Softwareentwicklung
            let worktools be individual

Web: http://www.rheyn.de