Preventing port scanning using iptables ?

Hi all,
 I am trying to implement proper firewall to my
network using iptables
and I  have to admit that I am amazing by amount of
iptables features
it offers.
 But I can not understand is there any way to prevent
port scanning
using iptables?

 So if anyone out there know something about this and
have some links,
pdf , chm files, will help me a lot if it posts on
this mailing list.

 Thanks in advance

 Regards